Tips for Keeping Your Home Faucet Clean
A few extra steps will keep the water fixtures in your home in top shape
At OUC, our top priority is delivering clean, safe, great-tasting water to our customers. While we do everything we can to ensure this on our end, it’s also important for customers to take proper steps in their own homes to make sure they receive highest-quality water possible.
- Install certified “lead-free” faucets.
- Regularly remove and clean faucet aerators and screens.
- Regularly clean and disinfect sinks and surrounding areas.
- Keep drains unclogged.
- Use cold tap water for drinking and cooking.
- Remove aerators and flush taps after plumbing work has occurred or water hasn’t been used for some time.
- Only connect water filters or devices for drinking water to household faucet. Never connect hoses and non-drinking water devices.
- Keep hazardous or unsanitary materials from faucets and surrounding areas.
For more on information about OUC’s water quality, visit our Water Quality Report page here.